Powered By Blogger

Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's Not Writer's Block...

It's just a temporary inability to gather the right words together and form interesting sentences.  haha.  I've been sitting in front of my computer for a long time now, glancing at FB, reading the odd email that pops in, even viewing, and re-viewing the Doppler radar on the local news station's website (boring!).  I think it's because I've also been thinking about ways to restructure the beginning of my manuscript to make it better.  I actually came up with one last night.  I think it's very plausible, it's unique, and it'll grab and keep the attention of the reader.  However, I can't seem to get in the "groove".  My writer's mojo has been hexed.  Someone must have a little cloth voodoo doll of me and they are sticking a vacuum up to the head of it and trying to suck all the thoughts out.

When I first began writing my novel, I could hear my character pretty loud and clear.  Now that I mentioned making some pretty big changes to her story, well, I think she's a little ticked off.  She refuses to talk.  I hope it doesn't take too long for me to get my mojo back.  To "get in the groove".  Tell you what; I'll formally apologize to my character now.  I'll do it in front of the world via the worldwide web.  Maybe she'll be able to move past this little kafuffle in the road and we can keep on truckin'.

Giana-if you can hear this, I'm sorry.  I know how upsetting it must be for you to tell me your story-all the intimate and even the gory details and for me to suddenly come to you and say, "btw, we've got to change some stuff, cut out a substantial part of the manuscript and tighten the plot up..."  It must be very frustrating for you.  You've entrusted me with telling everyone the things that happened just like they happened.  I feel your pain hon.  It sucks.  Well, I hope you'll forgive me, but I want everyone to know how special a character you are.  The world deserves to know you better.  The world should understand you as a person and not peg you by where you are or where you've been in life.  I want them to see the real you and I want them to connect with you.  I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make your manuscript the very best it can be-but I can't do anything without you.  I'm here when you and if you change your mind-and I still believe in you.

Thanks,
I remain your author and biggest fan~Gail
P.S.-If you're the one with the little voodoo doll sucking the words out of my head with a vacuum, please stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment